RAFFLES MUSEUM OF BIODIVERSITY RESEARCH
FACULTY OF SCIENCE, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE
MUSEUM OFFICER POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The National University of Singapore Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research (becoming the Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum from 1 Apr 2014), invites applications for the Museum Officer position. The successful candidate must be highly motivated, passionate about nature and natural history, responsible, reliable, and a good communicator, multi-tasker and team player, as well as have expertise in specific taxa and strong interpersonal skills. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach at least one 50-hour module for undergraduates of the first (1000-level) to fourth (4000-level) year of the National University of Singapore (see examples here http://www.lifesciences.nus.edu.sg/info/LSHandbookAY1213.pdf at pages 1-99), e.g., on specific botanical, biological, conservation biology, ecological or zoological topics not already covered above, or teach the environmental biology module as described here: http://www.lifesciences.nus.edu.sg/modules/dbs/GEK1515.pdf
- Perform service for the museum, which may include curation of specific taxa, outreach, fund raising, research management, environmental impact assessment consultancies, etc.
- Have a viable research programme on Southeast Asian biodiversity
- Singapore citizenship or Singapore permanent residency (PR) preferred
- MSc or PhD degree in biology, botany, conservation biology, ecology or zoology
- Strong English writing and verbal skills
- Singapore class 3 driving licence preferred
- Documented experience in two or more of these fields in each of these two categories:
- Subject expertise: Biology, botany, conservation biology, ecology, systematics, zoology
- Work experience: Environmental impact assessment, fund raising, conference or workshop organization, museum curation and administration, editing, education programme development, research management or administration
- Documented ability to multi-task and work well in a team
Candidates are required to email the following: (1) covering email letter; (2) application form; (3) up-to-date curriculum vitae and (4) names of two referees to the address below.
Ms Greasi Simon
Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research
National University of Singapore
Deadline for Application
The closing date for applications is 30 Jul 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be interviewed.