A Research Assistant position is available immediately at Freshwater Ecology lab at TMSI, NUS.
The lab is engaged in environmental research in freshwater habitat and is active in defining ecological standards within Singapore.
- Active participation in field surveys including collection of animal and plant samples, photography and measurement of physicochemical parameters
- Examination, sorting and processing of specimens obtained during surveys
- Identification and documentation of preserved organisms
- Data entry, processing, analysis and report writing
- The successful candidate may also be tasked to carry out additional work relating to other on-going freshwater biology projects as and when necessary.
- At least a degree in Biology, Aquatic Sciences or Environmental Sciences from a recognized University
- Valid Class 3 driving license or equivalent license for driving in Singapore
- Possess good oral and written communication skills in English
- Prepared to work for long hours both in the field and in the laboratory with limited supervision
- Familiar with the classification of native animal and plant species
- Candidates with prior research and field experience will be preferred
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience. The appointment will be for a period of eight months and extendable depending upon the candidate’s performance.
Interested candidates are invited to email their detailed resume and cover letter to:
Please indicate in the subject heading: “RE: Research Assistant (Freshwater Lab) ”
Deadline for Applications: 5 July 2011
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.