- Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research is no more
- The Professor Who Helped Raise SGD$46m to Establish the New Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
- Man of Science and Dreams – ST article 21st March 2014
- Over 500,000 specimens are being prepared for the BIG move! – zbNOW 5 March 2014
- Singapore Biodiversity Records: The Curious Incident of the Snake in the Hostel Shoe Cupboard
Hey let’s take a pic… on Two hurt in wild boar attack i… Jenny Lyle on $2.5 shipment of illegal ivory… Best read book this… on Daphne Fautin, an expert on se… marcuschua on In the news – ‘Ext… MGYA - LTA to suss o… on That uniquely Singaporean crab…
- Job: Assistant Professor in Plant Biology at NUS Biological Sciences (by 31 Jan 2017) 1 December 2016
- 2-year Postdoctoral Research Fellow for “Adaptation and resilience of coral reefs to environmental change in Singapore” 22 November 2016
- Job: 1-year full-time RA for “Understanding Fire Activity in Indonesia” @ NTU ASE (by 31 Jan 2017) 22 November 2016
- PhD graduate Maxine Mowe featured in the New Eurasian magazine! 14 November 2016
- Mon 14 Nov 2016: 1.30pm @ CR1 – Clive McAlpine on “The capacity of forests to protect regional climate under global warming” 14 November 2016
- From Ng Ting Hui’s PhD thesis, paper in PLoS One – “Molluscs for Sale: Assessment of Freshwater Gastropods and Bivalves in the Ornamental Pet Trade” 4 November 2016
- Mon 21 Nov 2016: 2.00pm @ SR1 – Ng Ting Hui on “Introduction and Impacts of Freshwater Gastropods In Singapore” 2 November 2016
- Job: Full-time Research Assistant – NUS-NParks Marine Debris Project (apply by 15 Nov 2016) 31 October 2016
- Pollen movement across central Singapore appears to be maintained, despite forest degradation, fragmentation and urbanisation 28 October 2016
- Mon 31 Oct 2016: 6.15pm @ LT27 – sale of “Plants in Tropical Cities” at discounted price of $48 (student price $35) – before Jerry Coyne’s talk 26 October 2016
- Mon 31 Oct 2016: 6.30pm @ LT27 – Free Public Talk: Professor Jerry Coyne: “Evolution Is True, And Why People Still Don’t Believe It” 12 October 2016
- Let’s be conscious consumers – choose RSPO-certified “haze-free” palm oil! [pmhaze.org campaign] 19 September 2016
- Festival of Biodiversity 2016 29 August 2016
- Happy National Day from mangrove cleanup volunteers! 9 August 2016
- Open for registration – Love MacRitchie Walks August-September 2016 13 July 2016
- Celebrate National Day with a coastal cleanup @ Lim Chu Kang beach and mangrove 11 July 2016
- Toddycats @ Pesta Ubin 2016 (Part I): A Celebration of Singapore’s Marine Biodiversity and a plea to Reduce our Plastic Footprint 23 June 2016
- Love MacRitchie Update July 2015-May 2016 30 May 2016
- Sun 05 Jun 2016 – Journey to the East with Pedal Ubin! (30 places) 18 May 2016
- Discover Pulau Ubin during Pesta Ubin, 14 May – 12 June 2016! 18 May 2016
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Host-parasite arms races and eff mimicry through avian eyes – Dr. Martin Stevens (Dept of Zoology, University of Cambridge)
Click on image to download pdf.
Dear All, The RMBR Facebook Page is up! Click on image for larger view. Please click HERE to be directed to the page and click the “like” button!
The Raffles Bulletin of Zoology Vol. 59(1) is now available for download. Click on image for larger view. To download pdf of cover, please click HERE. To download articles from this Vol 59(1), please click HERE.
From left: Ms Fazimah Aziz & Ms Hasmahzaiti Omar Ms Fazimah Aziz and Ms Hasmahzaiti Omar visited the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research from the 22nd to the 25th of February 2011 to collect data from our specimens. Both ladies … Continue reading
Fauna & Flora International: Senior Project Manager, Cambodia Payments for Ecosystem Services Project Job Application
To download PDF with relevant information, please click HERE.
For a larger view, click on image. For larger view, click on image. The No. 2 issue of the Cambodian Journal of Natural History of Vol 2010 is here! A highlight on interesting articles coming up! Stay tuned!
Dr Cornelia Weber is the General Manager of the Hermann von Helmholtz-Zentrum für Kulturtechnik, Humboldt University of Berlin; Deputy Managing Director of the Department Scientific Collections and Science Communication. She dropped by for a leisure visit to the Raffles Museum … Continue reading