- Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research is no more
- The Professor Who Helped Raise SGD$46m to Establish the New Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
- Man of Science and Dreams – ST article 21st March 2014
- Over 500,000 specimens are being prepared for the BIG move! – zbNOW 5 March 2014
- Singapore Biodiversity Records: The Curious Incident of the Snake in the Hostel Shoe Cupboard
Hey let’s take a pic… on Two hurt in wild boar attack i… Jenny Lyle on $2.5 shipment of illegal ivory… Best read book this… on Daphne Fautin, an expert on se… marcuschua on In the news – ‘Ext… MGYA - LTA to suss o… on That uniquely Singaporean crab…
- Job: Two 3 months full-time paid internships for urban faunal surveys (Mar 2017) 19 February 2017
- Mon 13 Feb 2017: 3.00pm @ S1A-02-17 – E.J. Milner-Gulland on “Motivations and the illegal international trade in wildlife” 13 February 2017
- Singaporeans may be willing to pay $643.5 million/year for haze mitigation – 0.97% of annual income: Lin, Wijedasa & Chisholm (2017) 31 January 2017
- Euphlyctis karaavali, a new species of frog from Karnataka, which calls like the white- throated kingfisher 31 January 2017
- Predator personality and prey behavioural predictability jointly determine foraging performance (Chang et al., 2017) 26 January 2017
- Extinction debt: Singapore forest fragments are arks of ginger diversity but they are all small, threatened populations (Niissalo et al., 2017) 26 January 2017
- The classification of secondary forests of Singapore: native-dominated secondary forests, abandoned land forests and waste-woodlands (Yee et al 2016) 25 January 2017
- Fri 20 Jan 2017: 4.00pm @ DBS CF1 – Stephen Hawkins on “Rocky shores of the North-east Atlantic: a long-term and broad-scale perspective on pattern and process” 20 January 2017
- Thu 19 Jan 2017: 10.00am @ DBS CR1– Nesibe Özsu on “The genetic basis of eyespot color pattern development in Bicyclus anynana butterflies” 12 January 2017
- Fri 13 Jan 2017: 10.00am @ DBS CR1 – Mindy Tuan on “Comparative and experimental approaches to understanding sexual selection in Sepsidae (Diptera)” 10 January 2017
- Toddycats roll out a quarterly animal shelter spring cleaning project with “The Shelter Pawject” 21 January 2017
- Sat 04 Feb 2017: 7.45am – 11.00am @ Lim Chu Kang – Let’s throw out the trash this Chinese New Year 21 January 2017
- Mon 31 Oct 2016: 6.30pm @ LT27 – Free Public Talk: Professor Jerry Coyne: “Evolution Is True, And Why People Still Don’t Believe It” 12 October 2016
- Let’s be conscious consumers – choose RSPO-certified “haze-free” palm oil! [pmhaze.org campaign] 19 September 2016
- Festival of Biodiversity 2016 29 August 2016
- Happy National Day from mangrove cleanup volunteers! 9 August 2016
- Open for registration – Love MacRitchie Walks August-September 2016 13 July 2016
- Celebrate National Day with a coastal cleanup @ Lim Chu Kang beach and mangrove 11 July 2016
- Toddycats @ Pesta Ubin 2016 (Part I): A Celebration of Singapore’s Marine Biodiversity and a plea to Reduce our Plastic Footprint 23 June 2016
- Love MacRitchie Update July 2015-May 2016 30 May 2016
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Host-parasite arms races and eff mimicry through avian eyes – Dr. Martin Stevens (Dept of Zoology, University of Cambridge)
Click on image to download pdf.
Dear All, The RMBR Facebook Page is up! Click on image for larger view. Please click HERE to be directed to the page and click the “like” button!
The Raffles Bulletin of Zoology Vol. 59(1) is now available for download. Click on image for larger view. To download pdf of cover, please click HERE. To download articles from this Vol 59(1), please click HERE.
From left: Ms Fazimah Aziz & Ms Hasmahzaiti Omar Ms Fazimah Aziz and Ms Hasmahzaiti Omar visited the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research from the 22nd to the 25th of February 2011 to collect data from our specimens. Both ladies … Continue reading
Fauna & Flora International: Senior Project Manager, Cambodia Payments for Ecosystem Services Project Job Application
To download PDF with relevant information, please click HERE.
For a larger view, click on image. For larger view, click on image. The No. 2 issue of the Cambodian Journal of Natural History of Vol 2010 is here! A highlight on interesting articles coming up! Stay tuned!
Dr Cornelia Weber is the General Manager of the Hermann von Helmholtz-Zentrum für Kulturtechnik, Humboldt University of Berlin; Deputy Managing Director of the Department Scientific Collections and Science Communication. She dropped by for a leisure visit to the Raffles Museum … Continue reading