The Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research is inviting applications for the position of Education Officer to assist in its education and outreach programmes.
Scope of work
* Conduct workshops and guided nature walks.
* Participate in field trips and research.
* Manage enquiries, events and perform basic administrative duties.
* Write nature articles, including blogs.
* A basic university degree in Science, majoring in Biology.
* Good knowledge of biology, nature and biodiversity of Singapore.
* Good interpersonal and organisation skills.
* Able to teach all levels of students and members of the public.
* Likes to interact with people, especially students.
* Must be able to work on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays and at late or very early hours.
* Basic photography skills.
* Must be able to swim proficiently. Ability to dive will be an advantage.
* Ability to drive will be an advantage.
* Knowledge of basic computer programmes such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
* Willing to learn and have a passion for nature and the environment.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and CV to Ron Yeo at email@example.com by 14 May 2010.