- Birders meet – young David Tan chances upon Ben King in Central Park, New York 15 May 2013
- Donation to university will fund grad student scholarships and honours projects 11 May 2013
- Tea-drinking FTTAs recycle! 9 May 2013
- Registration is now open for LSM4263 – Field Studies in Biodiversity (deadline 07 Jun 2013) 9 May 2013
- Volunteer help with discus fish surveys at Aquarama, 30 May – 02 June 2013 (UK student’s research project) 8 May 2013
- Road resurfacing works from mid-May at Lower Kent Ridge Road 8 May 2013
- Fri 03 May 2013: 3.00pm @ S1A SR: Tang Qian on “Origin and spread of the German cockroach, Blattella germanica” 30 April 2013
- Undergrad part-time field/lab assistants wanted (Apr – Dec 2013) 29 April 2013
- Current research strengths in Environmental Biology (or what the Biodiversity Crew is doing) 25 April 2013
- FTTAs at digital literacy classes! 24 April 2013
- Shifting specimens! 15 May 2013
- “Lessons to a child, from Mother Nature” – Toddycat Sean Yap’s relationship with nature 13 May 2013
- Exploring Singapore’s biodiversity – reflections of a Canadian exchange student at NUS 9 May 2013
- Join the Youth for Ecology Dialogues on Saturdays 4, 11 and 18 May 2013: 8 am to 1pm! 3 May 2013
- “Pulau Ubin – facts and discussion” – Tue 30 Apr 2013: 7.00pm – 9.30pm @ NUS LT27 26 April 2013
- The Otter Cycling Trail v2.0 – Of herons, storks, owls, otters and stories galore 26 April 2013
- Otterman speaking at “Our Heritage in Nature” on Sat 11 May 2013: 9am-12:30pm (updated: free admission!) 16 April 2013
- Programme details for our gig in June – “Science on Saturday” for NUS FoS alumni 4 April 2013
- Calendar 2013 27 March 2013
- Faces of the collection – photos from the Raffles Museum Last Hurrah! tours 21 March 2013
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Dr Rob Ewers, the Science Director of the SAFE (Stability of Altered Forest Ecosystems) Project was here in the Raffles Museum for a short visit on the 20th of April 2012! He is also currently a lecturer in the Imperial College … Continue reading
Show your love for our biodiversity and take part in this community artwork project! To celebrate the upcoming Festival of Biodiversity, the Festival of Biodiversity committee is creating a mural mosaic of the logo of the festival (pictured above). Open to all members … Continue reading
Twinky, our baby Diplodocus is featured in the English and Mandarin press today. After a long sea journey, he arrived safe and sound in Sunny Singapore last Wednesday! The first (of the three) Diplodocus to make this journey, he took … Continue reading
Exploring global diversity and status of bee pollinators using specimen databases linked to web-based biodiversity portals
Click on image to download pdf.
Click HERE for pdf sign up form and details.
New Purple Crab Species found in Philippines: Features in The Straits Times and National Geographic Daily News
Click on image to download pdf. Manila – Four new species of freshwater crab, bright purple in colour, have been discovered in the biologically diverse but ecologically threatened Philippines, the scientist who found them said yesterday. The tiny crustaceans burrow … Continue reading
Click on image to proceed to the RMBR CS2012 website! Click on image to proceed to the Museum Roundtable CS2012 website!
Cross-posted from The Biodiversity crew @ NUS In preparation for the shift to the Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum of the National University of Singapore, an extensive inventory and maintenance on the collections of the Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research … Continue reading
Click on image to download pdf.